THE BEST VACUUM SEALERS: TOP PICKS OF 2020
There are many vacuum sealers out there, but not all of them are necessarily great. Here are the best vacuum sealer reviews on top brands such as Weston Pro, VacMaster, FoodSaver and Rival.
What's in this article...
- THE BEST VACUUM SEALERS: TOP PICKS OF 2020
- ⇢ THE BEST VACUUM SEALERS: TOP PICKS OF 2020
- FoodSaver V4880 Home Vacuum Sealer
- Weston Pro 2300 All-Round Vacuum Sealer
- FoodSaver V3240 Home Vacuum Sealer
- FoodSaver FM2435 Home Vacuum Sealer
- ⇢ The Best Vacuum Sealer Comparison Chart
- ⇢ Commercial Use Vacuum Sealer Comparison Chart
- Vacuum Sealer Buying Guide
Yes, there are some cheaper ones on the market that you need to replace every year or less, but that doesn’t really save you any money.
What you need is something that will last for years and never let you down. You also need something that has inexpensive bags and accessories so you can actually save your hard earned money without getting nickle and dimed to death in the process.
How do you find the perfect one? Don’t worry, these vacuum sealer reviews did all the work for you and found the best vacuum sealers on the market in every price range.
Best Vacuum Sealer on the Market
If you need a heavy-duty commercial-grade highest-quality vacuum sealer then the Weston Pro 2300 Vacuum Sealer is the perfect fit for you. It has been affectionately described as a work horse that can withstand constant use day in and day out.
Due to the built-in cooling fan, you no longer have to wait for your vacuum sealer to cool down so you can continue using it. One simple push of the button and even the biggest bags (up to 15″ inches wide) are instantly vacuumed and sealed tight. No more freezer burn! Where other lesser brands have plastic, the Weston Vacuum Sealer has stainless steel, which means it was built to last for the long haul.
If you are a hunter, butcher your own meat, or even buy meat in bulk… you need this unit. Other vacuum sealers are not be able to keep up with such a heavy demand in such a short amount of time. While it is not as cheap as some others on the market, you will never have a failed seal and your food will always be as fresh as when you put it in the bag. The Weston Pro 2300 Vacuum Sealer is an investment that can save you thousands of dollars in food costs over the years.
⇢ THE BEST VACUUM SEALERS: TOP PICKS OF 2020
FoodSaver V4880 Home Vacuum Sealer
Rated 4.9 out of 5 by VacuumSealerLand.com (Check for the Best Price!)
The FoodSaver V4880 is now a low cost vacuum sealer but when it was introduced to the market, it was the most high tech sealer being sold. Although this isn’t the latest and greatest machine any longer, it is still a solid buy and seals as well as the best vacuum sealers. This unit does well to prevent germs and bacteria with air tight seals for pretty much any food possible.
Weston Pro 2300 All-Round Vacuum Sealer
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by VacuumSealerLand.com (Check for the Best Price!)
The Western Pro 2300 is a mid-ticket machine and a worthwhile step up from the above FoodSaver brand machine. Specifically, if you’re looking for a saver that can be used in a commercial setting but is still affordable, then this is the best option. It can be used both at home or for a smaller business where you need to ba able to seal food easily like a restaurant.
FoodSaver V3240 Home Vacuum Sealer
Rated 4.5 out of 5 by VacuumSealerLand.com (Check for the Best Price!)
Right now the FoodSaver V3240 is one of the best deals as far as getting a reliable machine that can easily seal food. It’s low cost makes it a great first tie machine for home cooks looking to preserve their food for a little longer. This is also great for left overs and freezing food for storage.
Read Our Review »
FoodSaver FM2435 Home Vacuum Sealer
Rated 4.4 out of 5 by VacuumSealerLand.com (Check for the Best Price!)
The FoodSaver FM2435is a simple and easy to use machine without all of the bells and whistles other sealers might include. The nice feature that is included however is the option to use a vacuum roll and have the machine create it’s own bags. Great for when you need a size that may not be “standard” as far as purchasing bag refills. This sealer uses just quarter inch of bag surface for a tight seal.
Read Our Review »
Full Meals in a Bag
One especially interesting thing to do with a FoodSaver vacuum storage unit is to put everything you need for a meal in a bag and seal it. Below are three suggestions for full meals in a bag.
1. Tuna casserole: 1 can tuna, 1 can condensed mushroom soup, 2 cups of white rice in a pint sized zipper bag, and in a snack sized zipper bag, put 1 tsp. curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper,
Instructions: Cook the rice. Add the soup, tuna, and seasonings. Stir well and heat thoroughly.
2. Beans and Spam: 1 can pork and beans, 1 can Spam meat, in a snack sized zipper bag, put 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper. Instructions: Cut Spam into 1/2 inch cubes. Put all ingredients in a skillet and cook until thoroughly heated.
3. Chicken Spaghetti: 1 can cooked chicken, 1 can condensed cream of chicken or cream or mushroom soup, 1 small box of spaghetti or angel hair pasta, in a snack sized zipper bag put 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. poultry seasoning. Instructions: Cook the pasta according to directions, and drain. Add the chicken, soup, and flavorings. Stir well and heat through.
By storing these meals in the bag, you have an instant meal when needed. Everything needed is included, so that you don’t have to wonder if you have what you need. It is easy to make these up. Just add the ingredients to any bag, even an empty and washed chip bag and seal it. If you use a bag that is not see through, make sure you write on the outside what is in it so you don’t have to guess later. It is also a good idea to date the bags, so you will know which to use first.
⇢ The Best Vacuum Sealer Comparison Chart
|Vacuum Sealer Model||Purpose||Price||Our Score||Vacuum Sealer Review Link|
|FoodSaver V4880||Home||$100+||4.9||Read Our Review…|
|Weston Pro 2300||All-Round||$400+||4.8||Read Our Review…|
|FoodSaver V3240||Home||$90+||4.5||Read Our Review…|
|FoodSaver V3880||Home||$150+||4.4||Read Our Review…|
|FoodSaver V3460||Home||$100+||4.2||Read Our Review…|
|FoodSaver V2244||Home||$400+||4.2||Read Our Review…|
|FoodSaver V3835||Home||–||4.1||Read Our Review…|
|Nesco VS-02||Home||$40+||4.1||Read Our Review…|
⇢ Commercial Use Vacuum Sealer Comparison Chart
|Vacuum Sealer Model||Purpose||Price||Our Score||Vacuum Sealer Review Link|
|VacMaster VP210||Commercial||$400+||4.9||Read Our Review…|
|Weston Pro 2300||All-Round||$400+||4.8||Read Our Review…|
|Vacupack Elite||Home||$400+||4.6||Read Our Review…|
|VacMaster VP215||Home||$400+||4.5||Read Our Review…|
|VacMaster VP112S||Home||$400+||4.1||Read Our Review…|
How do I know what to look for when purchasing a vacuum sealer?
The first thing that you want to do, typically before purchasing anything, is consider your list of needs – the purpose you have for buying said item and the makeshift “requirements specification” that it will have to adhere to. Not only will you avoid buying things that you don’t really need – but you’ll also have a clear idea of exactly what you want which makes sifting through the makes and models considerably easier.
- How frequently do you plan on using it – will it be consistent during these times or will it vary depending on any other times – to prepare food for national holidays such as Christmas?
- Are you going to vacuum seal the same food on a regular basis?
- Do you already own Mason jars or similar canisters that could be put to good use, but are currently sat on the shelves collecting dust?
- How much are you willing to give yourself as a budget for the purchase of a food vacuum sealer?
- Is the above budget reasonable?
- Are there any particular brands of good reputation that you’re already considering – do you own another reliable kitchen appliance by them?
- Do you know of any family or friends with a food vacuum sealer? (If so, you could consider asking for their input)
- Do you want a cost efficient vacuum sealer?
- Are you going to be ready Vacuum Sealer reviews?
There are some vacuum sealers that will allow you to cut a length of special plastic from a larger roll, seal up one end and make your own bags – which is good if you know for certain how much plastic you need, too little or too much and you’ll just end up wasting it, unless you wash out the plastic bag when you don’t have enough of the plastic and reuse it for another food item. On the other hand however, there are food vacuum sealers that don’t seal right at the end of the bag but instead a good few inches away from it, which also wastes the plastic – perhaps more than the previous option, it all depends on how good you are at gauging how much of the plastic you will need. Our reviews will let you know all of this – making it much easier to choose a model.
Do I know what to avoid when purchasing a vacuum sealer?
It’s all well and good going onto an online e-commerce store (such as Amazon or Ebay) and searching through the results, but you’ll want to avoid making certain mistakes:
- Going by the perceived size of the appliance from the picture on the product page, especially one on a blank background – always read the product description and look for the dimensions (measure the space in your kitchen where you think you would store it and compare the two) as, another easy mistake is to read something along the lines of “ 10” by 9” by 13” “ (not a massive machine) and think that it sounds reasonable, yet when it arrives you don’t have as much space as you thought you did.
- If you have injuries or illnesses that prevent you putting too much pressure on your hands and wrists .e.g. arthritis, then you may want to consider checking out the weight and putting something equally as heavy in your hands – can you hold it comfortably, is it awkward etc.
- Virtually under NO circumstances (unless you’re looking to purchase a vacuum sealer for your company) should you buy a thermoforming, or rollstock, vacuum sealer (also known as vacuum packaging machine) as these are built to industrial sizes and will NOT fit into your home . Never minding the fact that nowadays, a lot more people who stock and sell items expect you to be able to re-package it and send it back in order to get a refund; you’ll end up losing far more than you get. Our reviews will let you know whether the sealer is suitable for consumer or commercial use.
Where do I purchase a vacuum sealer from?
Much like most kitchen appliances you can purchase vacuum sealers from numerous places – markets, trade fairs, brand websites, online retail stores, and online e-commerce stores; each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
Place of purchase
|Market/Car trunk||On the market or car trunk sale you can get information about the vacuum sealer you’re purchasing first hand – is that particular sealer good at marinating meats, or better with fruit and vegetables etc. Prices can be very cheap.||The information given to you may be biased. Prices can also be very expensive. You may get ripped off – it may not be the make of vacuum sealer that you’re led to believe it is. There won’t necessary be any vacuum sealers present.|
|Trade fair||Experts and professionals to offer free advice (and demonstrations so you can see them in action). Any questions you may have are answered straight away. Variety of vacuum sealer types and brands.||Information may be biased. Group demonstrations are often fast and you may not catch everything. If there are a lot of people in a demonstration, then it may take a while for the stall holders to answer your questions. If you’re not nearby a trade fair, you’ll have to pay to get to the trade fair on top of ticket prices (alternatively, there may not be a trade fair on at all). The trade fair may not be using or selling vacuum sealers.|
|Brand website||Very unlikely to have information on the website that can’t be backed up as brand reputation on the line. Direct access to vacuum sealers to purchase with little hassle.||Less likely to get deals or honest reviews from people that own a vacuum sealer as reviews are most likely vetted to ensure that the company is portrayed in a positive light.|
|Online retail store||Vacuum sealers likely to be sold by “hottest deals” so you’re likely to get good prices for your vacuum sealer. You can also read reviews from customers who have purchased the item.||There may be a long response time regarding any queries that you may have with the vacuum sealers on offer.|
|Online e-commerce store||Multiple different brands, dealers and prices. Un-censored honest reviews from a variety of different people including those that use them with no real prior knowledge of what to expect. E-Commerce stores usually publicize customer reviews of vacuum sealers – so you’ll be able to identify the best model yourself.||As not all of the vacuum sealers available to purchase will necessarily come from the same place, or sender – then you may not get the same high quality service as claimed in some of the reviews – although the product itself will be of the same standard, providing that there hasn’t been any anomalous faults in the construction, and also bearing in mind that reviews – wherever you get them from, are subjective.|
Choose your best options
Have a look at the above lists and choose the places you would consider purchasing a vacuum sealer from and then shop around for vacuum sealers that best fit your requirements specification – going back over those you think would be appropriate and checking that your initial needs haven’t changed.
- Have you had to make new allowances in terms of your budget having seen the vacuum sealers already on display?
- Have you checked to see if we’ve reviewed the vacuum sealer you’re thinking of getting to get an expert opinion?
- Have you looked at the available reviews to see the layman opinion?
Once you’ve got down your shortlist it’s just a matter of deciding what you would like best – and that’s all there is to it. It may seem a bit of a long drawn out process, but it will benefit you greatly in the long run. Read our vacuum sealer reviews today and let us help you make a better buying decision.
What Else Do I Need for my New Foodsaver?
BPA Free FoodSaver Vacuum Bags keep air and moisture out and keep food fresh and prevent freezer burn.Multi-layer Food Saver bags protect food from outside moisture and air and play a critical role in helping it last longer. You can either get the Foodsaver Rolls that you custom cut yourself right on the FoodSaver unit, or you can buy pre-sized Foodsaver bags that come in gallon, quart, pint size, etc., and seal the open end of them with your FoodSaver for an airtight seal. The pre-sized bags are microwaveable, washable, dishwasher safe, and reusable, so go green and reuse them (but don’t reuse bags that have previously stored raw meats).
Whichever type of FoodSaver bags you choose, they can all be microwaved or boiled to reheat food.
Another good use for Food Saver Bags is portion control. With the new Foodsaver Portion pouches, you can portion out servings for individual meals. If you’re ordering today after reading the Foodsaver reviews, you’ll definitely need to get yourself some Foodsaver bags or rolls.