You might want to take a look at the ’FoodSaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System Bonus: Handheld Sealer, FreshSaver Container, Wine Stopper’ if you’ve been looking for a vacuum sealer that will allow you to marinate and vacuum seal your foods, but haven’t before found something within your budget or something that’s worth your while. With all of these “extras” included in the ‘starter kit’, you’ll have no reason to even want to look anywhere else.
The FoodSaver V4880 also comes with an eleven inch by ten feet heat seal roll (ideal for making your own custom size vacuum seal bags), one lunch and leftover container (in case you literally just want to eat your leftovers for lunch the next day), five quart sized FoodSaver heat seal bags, five quart sized FreshSaver Zipper Bags (which are ideal for putting your sandwiches in to take with you to work) and one wine stopper. The bags and heat seal roll are BPA free so you don’t need to worry about any dangerous and toxic chemicals being leached into your food either.
- Starter kit includes: 1 - 11 inch x 10 feet heat seal roll, 5 quart sized FoodSaver heat seal bags, 5 quart sized FreshSaver Zipper Bags, 1 wine stopper, 1 lunch & leftover container
- BPA Free - Fully automatic operation auto detects FoodSaver® bag and starts vacuum sealing. Extra wide sealing strip that applies heat for a secure, air-tight seal. Pull out drip tray drawer catches overflow liquids which is also dishwasher safe.
Our Foodsaver V4880 Review
The FoodSaver V4880 vacuum sealer will automatically detect when a FoodSaver bag has been placed into the mouth of the vacuum food sealer and will start vacuum sealing automatically without any needed input or intervention from the user. This makes life significantly easier when you’re preparing your next batch of fruit, vegetables, meat etc. to be vacuum packaged and stored – it’s also more hygienic as there’s a lower risk of cross contamination from pressing the same button to start the vacuum sealing process when vacuum sealing meat and non meat food products (although you should always wash your hands between vacuum sealing and save high risk foods such as meat until the end of your vacuum sealing process).
The FoodSaver V4880 also has a built in cutter to allow you to create your custom-sized bags more easily (provided that you haven’t put the roll of heat seal material in slanted), it will cut a much straighter line with little to no effort at all, making the whole process fast, easy and painless. It’s substantially easier to have a machine cut special types of plastic (think about trying to cut a straight line of cellophane without having it stuck to the scissor blades) and fortunately, the FoodSaver V4880 offers that very choice – being built to accommodate the width of the heat seal roll.
The FoodSaver V4880 also has a ‘rapid marinate mode’ that marinates various types of food in minutes, as opposed to the time for a regular marinade (which can take up to several hours) – and tastes just as good, if not better, due to the fact that the marinade is sealed into an airtight environment (which opens up the pores on food such as meat allowing the marinade to seep into the food much more quickly), preserving the flavour (and depending on how low the temperature, giving the marinate more time to seep into the food) and consistency, by the time it comes to reheat the food.
The airtight heat seal of the FoodSaver V4880 also removes air from particularly designed bags – maintaining the integrity of the heat seal and, therefore the airtight environment, causing the food inside to retain its flavour and also significantly reducing the risk of fungi or aerobic bacteria affecting the food, making it unsafe to eat.
The FoodSaver V4880 also comes with a retractable handheld sealer (which is compatible with the two kinds of bags mentioned above, in addition to FoodSaver canisters and marinators – allowing you to make the most of the containers you may already have, saving you money in the long run) for those moments where the kitchen counter has become significantly crowded and you can’t fit the full body of the FoodSaver V4880 on the counter top.
The FoodSaver V4880 also has two vacuum speeds that are automatically adjusted to best suit the food type inside (automatically detected), either dry or moist. However, in addition to this, the ‘Pulse Vac’ feature allows the user to manually control how fast or how slowly the air is removed from the heat seal bags.
A further measure of protection for the air-tight environment is the extra wide sealing strip that ensures the seal stays secure and airtight. The FoodSaver V4880 also has another measure of protection (although this one is more concerned with the cleanliness of your work surfaces) as the removable ‘drip tray’ drawer catches any overflow liquids (whether from moisture in the air or in stray drops of marinade), that can be put straight into the dishwasher allowing you to get on with the rest of your day.
Foodsaver V4880 Pros & Cons
Foodsaver V4880 Best Features
- Heat seal roll – the opportunity for custom sized vacuum seal bags can be a great help when it comes to reducing waste – if you’re only vacuum sealing a relatively small amount then you end up using even less storage space in your refrigerator freezer (removing air can only do so much when you have a large amount of unnecessary plastic).
- Automatic two vacuum speeds – it’s great to not have to remember to adjust between moist and dry foods (as I’m sure we would because let’s face it we’re often easily distracted when we carry out an action we’ve already carried out ten times), or to have to remember which vacuum speed correlates to which food type.
- Rapid marinate mode – if you’ve been looking for a way to make your marinades a lot more quickly, to save time in either the mornings and or the evenings, then look no further than at the FoodSaver V4880 – with the opportunity to marinate in an airtight environment, your food picks up the flavour, and consequently intensifies it, that much faster.
Foodsaver V4880 Conclusion
We can honestly say that we’ve never before come across a machine as advanced and well equipped for the budding vacuum sealer user before – the numerous benefits that allow whoever makes use of the FoodSaver V4880 means that everyone benefits – even if your kids can’t be trusted with the vacuum sealer itself they can still be trusted with the lunch and leftover container.
If you’ve been searching around for a vacuum sealer but you’re just not sure what would be appropriate for you, you love receiving free practical things without losing the quality of the main item, then the FoodSaver V4880 is for you. With all of the benefits of the ‘starter kit’ you too can learn how to vacuum seal (and reap the benefits) in no time!